Monday, November 22, 2010

Pink-footed Goose Chase

From Bill Drummond:

With the Pink-footed Goose at or near Sudbury as the number 6th ranked bird in the country (the Bean Goose at the Salton Sea is number one), we will make an effort for everyone to see this bird. I know there are people who do not have cars. We will meet at Riverside, the end of the Green Line Riverside branch, near Rte. 128 at noon. The trip is timed for the people who want to be on Barbara Volkle's Cape Ann BBC morning trip to try to team up with us. We can use all the help we can get. We will probably go from Riverside to "Davis Farm"in Sudbury.

If you have any reports please call me Friday morning on my cell phone 978 809-2971.  I would appreciate any reports, positive or negative. I do not usually have my cell phone on when I am driving. If you call and get my voice mail, please also leave your name and phone number and the time. Please limit use of the cell phone number to FRIDAY ONLY. All help will be greatly appreciated. 

If you have an FRS radio (very important; "national birders" channel is 11  with sub channel 22) please bring it. With FRS radios, we can get hold of several people at once instead of just one at a time by phone.  

If you are coming on PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION, please e-mail me in advance or call my cell that morning after 9 AM. I probably can use a few other people with cars to meet at Riverside too. Please let me know that too. I know parking and traveling will be a problem on that day but we will do the best we can.

BBC members and all birders are invited. There is no charge. I know lots of people are working that day but if you can be a help getting more people to see that Pink-footed Goose, your help will be greatly appreciated. It is not necessary to contact me in advance if you are traveling by car and meeting at Riverside. 

We  will play the trip like the BCS standings. If we can just get the Pink-footed we will go for the Barnacle.But we would need to get the rarer (higher ranked) bird first.

Happy Thanksgiving. Bill Drummond

North Andover, MA

WCDrummond@aol.com
WCDrummond@verizon.net

No comments:

Post a Comment